Monday, August 20, 2007

Thinking about selling Tim Hortons Inc (THI)

As you can see, Tim Hortons is currently my largest position in my portfolio. Just as the market in general is volatile recently so has THI. It goes up a couple of percentage points and then just comes down. This position is so big that I am actually trading on margin. Originally I thought that Mastercard was going to help their sales (with no signature they can probably serve customers quicker than when they have to make change). However, a reporting period has come and gone and they reported good numbers but the stock did not budge. Perhaps it was already priced into the stock. So the decision I have to make is should I hang on and believe in the long term outlooks of THI or to get this dead money out and into something that can earn me something.

What are your thoughts?

No comments: